Dora's Dream 2020Silent Auction Rules
Rules For Silent Auctions
- By bidding in Schools of Dreams’ silent auction, each bidder agrees to these auction rules.
- All sales are final. There will be no exchanges or refunds unless otherwise noted. All items are “as is.” Schools of Dreams has attempted to describe and catalog items correctly, but neither warrants nor represents and in no event shall be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship, provenance or condition of the items. No statement made in this catalog, or made orally at the auction or elsewhere, shall be deemed such a warranty, representation, or assumption of liability.
- The auction item value listed is an estimate of fair market value. Items have not been appraised unless so noted. The amount you pay above this fair market value estimate is normally tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please consult your tax adviser to clarify amount of deduction.
- Restaurant certificates do not include alcohol, tax, or gratuities unless specified.
- Payment for items purchased must be made in full during the auction.
- The purchaser is responsible for any shipping costs. Any item left unclaimed within 30 days following the auction, without prior arrangements, will be sold and proceeds will go to Schools of Dreams.
- Schools of Dreams reserves the right to add or withdraw items, without notice, to or from the auction.
- Please note the expiration date of all gift certificates.
- Each person bidding assumes all risks and hazards related to the auction and items obtained at the auction. Each bidder agrees to hold harmless from any liability arising indirectly from Schools of Dreams, their elected and appointed officials, the event organizers, sponsors, and/or volunteers connected with the auction.
Bidder Registration and Bidding
- All bidders must register by creating an account to participate in the silent auction.
- Bidding must start with the starting bid noted for each auction item with subsequent bids by the increment amount specified for each item. Any bids that do not comply with the starting bid or increment bid amount(s) will not be accepted.
- Each item may be purchased for the Buy It Now price; when the bid is submitted as a Buy It Now bid, all bidding will cease and the item will be deemed to have been sold.
- At the close of the auction, the winning bid will be the highest amount that has been made for each item. In the event of a dispute, Schools of Dreams will act as the final authority.