APPLICANT ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION PROCESS
Please read this information for more details about the application.
Posting of Notice of Eligibility and Selection Process
The objective of the eligibility and selection process is to attract applicants who are best suited for a future Schools of Dreams project by meeting the outlined criteria, including an alignment with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. The School Selection Committee (SSC) will use a decision scorecard to evaluate the application, which provides a standardized and efficient method for ranking applicants. This method helps ensure the fairness and transparency of the application process. The SSC of Schools of Dreams (SoD) will provide oversight of the selection process. A notice of the application is published here to inform potential applicants that a process has been launched.
Applicants must carefully read this notice, particularly the sections titled “Pre-Screener,” to determine if they meet the requirements before they apply.
Learn About the Various Phases of the Eligibility and Selection Process
All applications are screened and scored based on a decision scorecard process. Questions included in Phase 1 and 2 will account for two-thirds of the weight, and thus, are greater determinants of the success of the application.
- Pre-screener/Prerequisite Questions
- Screening Questions Phase
- Quality of the Application
- Language Requirement Phase
- Submission of Applications Phase
- Selection of Applicant Phase
During the pre-screening phase, the School Selection Committee (SSC) decides which applications will receive further consideration in the selection process by assessing two aspects: “Is the applicant eligible to apply?” and “Does the applicant meet the prerequisites?”
The pre-screener questions are key questions within the questionnaire that the SSC will use to determine who meets the basic eligibility criteria. Applications that meet these prerequisites are further screened to determine their qualifications. This section includes questions identifying the following:
- the school is in the district of Nsawam Adoagyiri Municipal Assembly
- the community has the land where the school will be built and is willing to designate the land solely for that purpose
- the intent to build a school for nursery and kindergarten classrooms (age 2-6)
- the willingness to participate in the funder/founder recognition program onsite
- Screening Phase
The total scoring weight of the remaining component in the “Screener Questions Phase” accounts for approximately one-third of the decision process. The combination of the scores from the three (3) following components will determine if you meet the final requirements to be selected for a school build.
- The “Quality of the Application” section indicates the applicant’s ability to provide a profile that meets all the application process characteristics (e.g. instructions for applying, other essential requirements, etc.)
- The “IMPACT” section highlights the applicant’s ability to demonstrate the impact of what a renovated or new school would mean to the community. (e.g. student enrolment, academic achievement, student behaviour, teacher positions, teacher motivation and teacher attendance, etc)
- The “Budget” section demonstrates the applicant’s ability to estimate the cost to renovate or build a school in their community.
- Language Requirements
It is strongly suggested that the application be completed in English if possible. An applicant who meets the eligibility criteria will still be considered if they do not apply in English; however, we encourage such applicants to translate any document in a local Ghanaian Language into English Text OR advise the SSC to discuss the need for a translator.
- Submission of Applications
Applicants are required to submit a complete electronic application within 6 weeks of opening an application and must provide all required information to be eligible for consideration. Applications are accepted all year round and available on the website with future parameters to be adapted and targeted as needed. In specific circumstances, we may contact you to request additional information to verify your eligibility. You should start filling out the online form right away to get all the information and documents you need before the deadline. We also encourage you to keep submitting applications even if you can’t make the deadline to be considered for future projects.
You can save your application and finish it later. Use the “Submit” button in the application to complete your action.
- Selection of Applicant Phase
During the selection phase, the School Selection Committee will review all applications to determine which applicants successfully meet the eligibility requirements. After the process is completed, all applicants will be informed of their status via email or letter regarding whether they have qualified as part of the school selection process. A follow-up email/letter to the applicant(s) will discuss the next steps and potential start date of the school build.
NOTE: Applicants should save a copy of the notice of application as well as all related documents.
How Do I Apply?
Apply from the website or click on any of the buttons below.
CURRENT SCHOOL SELECTION DEADLINE: MAY 31, 2021
NOTE: Schools of Dreams reserve the right in our sole discretion to change, modify, add, or delete portions of this notice at any time.